Applications for Million Pound menu are now closed.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Electric Ray Limited (“Electric Ray”) is the controller of your personal data.
This notice explains:
• Why Electric Ray processes your personal data;
• With whom Electric Ray shares your personal data;
• How Electric Ray protects your personal data if it is transferred outside the European Economic Area;
• Your rights; and
• Who to contact if you have queries.
Why does Electric Ray process your personal data?
Personal data which you supply throughout the casting process to Electric Ray Limited (“Electric Ray”) about yourself (including but not limited to information about your health and any previous criminal convictions) will be used in a number of ways, for example:
- Where it is necessary for Electric Ray's legitimate interests, as listed below, and where the Electric Ray's interests are not overridden by your data protection rights:
- for selecting potential contributors to take part in and appear on the series currently entitled “Million Pound Menu” (“the Programme”).
- to assess whether yours is a suitable business in relation to the Programme
- to safeguard your welfare during participation in the Programme
- Where this is necessary for the Electric Ray establish or perform the contract between you and the Electric Ray , for:
- to develop, produce and publicise the Programmes and
- (if you are selected to participate in the Programme) to broadcast and distribute the Programme and exploit all allied and ancillary rights including but not limited to video, DVD, online, books and magazines
- Where you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data:
- to send you direct marketing from Electric Ray
- to carry out background checks (including criminal record checks)
- We also carry out background checks on the internet and social media, to assess whether you are suitable for the Programme. We also use Lexis Nexis, a third party database that combines private and public information, to conduct our background searches. This is in our legitimate interest to assess whether you are suitable for the Programme.
- When Electric Ray asks you for personal data, Electric Ray will make clear which personal data has to be provided by law, or in order for Electric Ray to enter into or fulfil a contract with you. If mandatory data is not provided, then Electric Ray will not be able to assess your application to participate in the Programme.
- Electric Ray will retain personal data no longer than is necessary to carry out the purposes listed in this notice and/or as required by applicable law.
With whom does Electric Ray share your personal data?
- Electric Ray will not publish your address or contact details.
- Your personal data will be shared with:
- members of the Programme production team and relevant staff at the broadcaster of the Programme;
- Electric Ray’s insurers as well as the broadcaster’s insurers, where deemed necessary; and
- third parties who provide services to Electric Ray in connection with:
- suppling IT systems and services
- marketing and social media support
- administering compensation and travel reimbursements
Information about transfer of personal data
- Some of the Electric Ray's vendors are also in Israel. This country does not provide a level of protection to personal data equivalent to that provided by your home country. To protect your personal data, the Electric Ray puts in place transfer mechanisms approved by the European Commission, including use of approved contractual clauses, Privacy Shield and Binding Corporate Rules. To obtain a copy of the document being used to protect your personal data, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
- You have a right to access and correct your data and to ask us to provide some of your personal data in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your data (where we process this for purposes of direct marketing or where we process your personal data because this is in our legitimate interests) and you can ask us to erase or restrict your data. These rights can be limited – for example, if we are required by law to retain your data.
- Where you have given Electric Ray your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to Electric Ray processing your personal data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time
- If you have unresolved concerns about how your personal data has been handled, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority, in the country where you live, work, or where you consider that your data protection rights have been breached.
- If you have any questions about how Electric Ray process your personal data or wish to exercise your rights please email Electric Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org.